We have been, for several months, gratefully living off the money we got back from the government (via paying our taxes) for which we have been very, very grateful. The problem is we knew it wouldn’t last. We didn’t go crazy and buy all sorts of things– except for stocking up on the things we had been out of for some time, getting a few things to replace broken other things (though not replacing all the broken appliances– well attempting to, but when the replacements also broke we just waited). So we are at that place. The place where we are back relying on Jehovah Jireh daily. The oldest isn’t too thrilled as she doesn’t like being uncomfortable at all but here we are. SO I thought I should share what all He has been doing (though I have been sharing daily on Facebook and on the CU group.)
When we realized how low we were getting we did the same thing we always do– avoided paying the bills. We are awful that way. Then we went to pay the bills and realized, wow, we really are low– too low to buy groceries. Okay, now what God? (I hate that we do that, but we both do, especially as it almost always happens when Shamus is sleeping during the day and we aren’t seeing each other except when one of us is falling asleep.
- Right around that time I got a spur of the moment, last minute, please help us get this done in time book cover job (thanks Grace!) which paid for a bill that needed paid NOW. The book is here: http://www.amazon.com/Winter-Keven-Newsome/dp/tags-on-product/0987653105, the cover was nearly done, just needed to place some text and clean it up for print. Holly Heisey did the cover and it is lovely.
- I helped a friend transfer her blog for fun and she sent us gift cards for a local restaurant– which is awesome and will provide a much needed date with Mr. Hubbypants (if our sleep EVER lines up again!)
- The first thing that happened, immediately following paying bills is I started really analyzing the cost of GAPS foods and deciding what was most important. We then realized that trips to Broadrun farms were VERY important as raw milk, meat, and eggs are the cheapest nutrition for us. So, knowing we didn’t have the money we prayed that God would provide. And around the time that we HAD to leave I got money via paypal through the same friend who sent us the gift cards! Enough for everything we needed at the farm! YAH! (And thanks to my grandma I had enough gas to go!)
- If you follow my husband at all you will know that he was finishing up his book, Libreoffice hiccuped and LOST 3 days of work– which was HUGE and he was devastated. Then a reader sent him a free gift of Word (the “good version–can’t remember which year). He was grateful but felt it wasn’t time to get back into it– which is fine because he works in his head like I do, THEN put sit on paper.
- Because of that he suddenly got back into programming and started working on a game engine again– and is going at warp speed doing what he calls the best programming he has ever done. Which is awesome and I am excited to see where God takes that.
- I have multiple jobs right now, all of which will help pay the bills in the coming month (some things due soon so that is awesome.)
- Right after I had a huge panic attack about where the money would come from, God started putting everything into place. A friend sent us not only enough to renew our Science Center Membership (which he says we should do) but also added enough to pay some bills and keep us in food until these jobs pay. Praise the Lord–some stress relieved.
- Another friend was doing a rummage sale at her church and told me to let her know what appliances we had that had died so she could watch for them. Then she offered to pick them up at the pre-sale (just for helpers) so I would get them. THEN when I tried to pay her she said no! So now we have all new small appliances to replace all our broken ones!
Wow, God is so good. I am glad to hear tell of his providing for you. It gives me hope and reminds me when I panic and forget all he has done for us along the same lines. Thanks for this encouragement. It comes at just the right time!
Awesome. I am nervously entering behind you soon in the “Hmm, wonder where the money’s going to come from” department. 🙂
Provision always arrives…