A Plethora of Blessings
God has been doing so many things that I am having a hard time keeping up with it all. However, I really feel I need to continue to share so that I can keep track and possibly encourage whoever might be reading as well.
This weekend had potential to be a rough one. In fact, it started out pretty rough spiritually speaking. It was so bad that all of us were feeling it– like constantly being slightly embarrassed and uncomfortable. Everything seemed to be off and finally today, after much prayer, discussion to see where things went off, and listening, we figured out the trouble area, confessed, and things have cleared up. The key word that God keeps impressing on us is love. There is more to it but that was where we were going wrong. We were not being loving of some specific people and needed to get back on track.
On the other hand, God provided in several amazing ways this weekend in the midst of uncomfortable situations.
- We were nearly out of enzymes and gas plus several vitamins that we really need due to health issues. The Lord worked it out that during our weekly visit to my grandmother she gave us, on the spur of the moment, enough money to buy some groceries and enzymes. Due to a sale at GNC we were able to get the vitamins, enzymes, and then go next door to Walmart for a few key groceries to fill in the gaps.
- When we went to get gas the girls decided to use some of the money that Grandma had given them to get a drink (which meant that then Issac wanted to do the same which caused all kinds of confusion.) Their expenditure normally wouldn’t have made a difference on my gas since I usually pump gas first then go pay. However the card reader didn’t work so I had to pay inside (which made me cranky because apparently that store doesn’t due debit card prepay) which meant me standing at the pump in frigid temperatures, twice, trying to get the card to work and running in the store twice instead of just once (did I mention COLD and that I was whiny and the kids couldn’t make up their minds?) And because of all that I got a discount and was able to pay for the gas using the money from a small job I had done that morning before and which had paid immediately.
- A friend gave us several bags of groceries (with lots of home canned goodies from her freezer and pantry as well as some meat to fill in where we have cut into our own stores, thanks Connie!) which despite some confusion was brought to our house by another friend. There was a bit of a mess involved about which I felt awful. However, God worked it out beautifully so that Rachel ended up getting babysit today in exchange for a piano lesson and most of it ended up being just my discomfort at having everything be a mess and not really be able to make things right when people were going out of their way to help us out.
- We were the recipient of a package of books from Donita K. Paul (which really deserves it’s own post). In exchange I sent her a painting based on another one that she really liked. It wasn’t till last night that I realized that she had also sent promotional bookmarks with it, one of which she signed! Will take some pictures of the books and bookmarks plus do a bit of a review of the books (which are excellent) when I get a minute.
- We received a $50 gift certificate for Novica.com (and I get to do a giveaway of another $50 gift certificate to one of you, which is really exciting). As you know I normally don’t do giveaways but I have been so impressed with their items (which are handmade by artisans around the world) and we have been so blessed by them in the past that I would love to share. The really cool thing is that tomorrow is our 14th anniversary and we don’t really have anything with which to celebrate so we ordered a few things that we absolutely love as an anniversary gift to each other. We managed to keep it completely under the $50 including shipping and even had a few dollars left over on it to donate to artisans. As far as the contest goes, I am thinking I will do the contest in the next few days (God willing, I will start it tomorrow).